Friday 27 January 2012

Aggressive chair inspiration

(Twister chairs by Swedese) I think the aggression here is in the pointed surface created by all the stools put together.  





(BD Ediciones Bench 2002) Although this bench is rounded in a lot of ways I just find the to triangles coming from the middle distrub the smooth form. This distrubtion is a intersting concept


(Zig Zag chair by Gerrit Rickveld) Here I am simply looking at the angles. I think anything chair with angles this extreme is going to look aggressive.

(Heller Acrobellini chair) The aggression I see in this chair is the movement in the form as if it is attacking and pouncing forward. I also think this idea could be taken futher.

(Kallemo Puma chair) Personally I feel like this chair has been designed from a insect as it has almost like a angular shell s the seat and then the arm rests are pointed forward almost like claws.

(Kronstantin Grcic Choas chair)The materials used here are very much not aggressive but I think the grove down the middle of the seat could be seen as aggressive.

(Poul kjaerholme PK0) Again similar to another chair ive looked at I see this chair like an insect but in this case its like its creeping forward ready to attack.

(Poul Kjaerholme PK24) I see the aggression in this chair being the powerful curved seat supported by a minimal frame. This power and movement towards the end of the seat I think is aggressive.

(Ron Arad After Spring/Before Summer)

(Ron Arad Rocking chair) Although this chair is very futuristic and organic I feel like it looks as thought it is moving forward and this movement as signs of aggression. I think something as small as movement in a chair can be enough to convay agression.

(Sawaya and Moroni) This chair reminds me of something out of a alien invation film and again very much like insects. I think this scalely odd shaped chair is aggressive because of the unknown.

(Tom Dixon Bird Chaise) The aggression I see here is all in the angular forms.

(Bulkhard Vogtherr Armilla Chair) The side view of this chair is what i see as aggressive. I like the way the angle of the back rest flows all the way down and then there is just one over shape creating the arm rests. It is very much triangular and therefore I see as aggressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment